09 July 2022
A Brief Appreciation of Buddhist Geeks
I started listening to the Buddhist Geeks podcast, presented primarily by Vincent Horn, about five years ago.
I just want to briefly acknowledge and appreciate the role of the Buddhist Geeks podcast as not just a great resource in itself but also as a fantastic gateway node to a bunch of other interesting things.
Through the podcast I discovered:
- David Chapman, whose online books Meaningness and Vividness have transformed my view of the world
- And through Chapman’s writing, l found Charlie Awberry and the Evolving Ground Contemporary Vajrayana community.
- Daniel Thorson and the Emerge podcast, which in turn lead me to Rob Burbea and Vinay Gupta among others
- Michael Taft, whose podcast and YouTube meditations have hugely shaped my meditation practice. And in turn introduced me to Erik Davis.
- Tiago Forte, whose work on productivity and technology has been a big influence.
- And then there is Ann Gleig, Daniel Ingram, Kenneth Folk - to name just a few others from what feels like an almost endless list.
Thank you Vince! Never met you but feel like a owe you a lot!